Friday, February 24, 2006

for your listening enjoyment and edification...

I made a comment not too long ago by the disconnectedness of people walking around with earphones dangling from their heads. I also mentioned that I (much to my own horror!) have a similar affliction. But honestly, more often than not, I am walking around not with some head-throbbing music blasting in my ears, but with some biblical lecture or sermon. Proof once again that I'm in the right business!

Here's a couple of things in digital audio format that I have found interesting. I can only direct you to the files themselves; I offer no support on how to get the thing on your MP3 player. Suffer that on your own.

Lately, I've been listening and reading quite of bit of N.T. Wright, an Anglican bishop and a prominent New Testament Scholar. Here's a series of lectures that he delivered for a group called "Emergent," a movement geared toward the post-modern church.

Lecture 1
Lecture 2
Lecture 3
Lecture 4

Here are a few others, also by Wright. I'm not sure the context, but you can check out www.ntwrightpage.com and probably figure it out. Regardless, some really interesting biblical prespectives.

Jesus and the Kingdom
Jesus and the Cross
Jesus and God
Jesus, the World's True Light

All in all, 8 or 9 hours of talk. Are there any kindred souls so disposed to listen?